It’s that special time in your life, you have finally finished your primary school years and it’s now time to prepare for the high school life. Things are going to be very different but rest assured you will get used to the new ways of working and doing things very quickly. One main thing which will change about hight school is homework, lots of homework! Below we have some useful tips on how to stay on top of your homework.
1. Most likely your high school will provide you with a School diary of some sort, use this every single day to keep all your school work organised.
2. Write down exactly what homework you get on what days and what subjects, ensure you know how to use your diary. Writing down what homework you have been tasked with is really important, do this in lesson time so you don’t forget and you remember every single detail. If you don’t know what the homework is or you are just unsure what to do, it’s better to ask the teacher during lesson time, the teacher will be happy to explain.
3. Make sure you make a note of exactly when the homework is due back in, so you have plenty of time to complete the piece of work.
4. Check your planner daily after school so you know exactly what’s in your diary and have plenty of time to complete.
5. Set yourself some time each day to complete your homework, this way you can do drafts if required for example for English or even start researching a particular project if this is part of the plan. Set yourself a quiet area at home where you can focus on your work.
6. Do ask for help if you’re stuck. Firstly ask your family and if you’re unsure after this then speak to your teacher in charge. Allow yourself sufficient time to ask for help rather than wait until the last day.