With so many hours during the week already being spent on online school and tuition, making time to revise is probably the last thing you want to do. Here are My School Tutors Top 5 tips for GCSE Revision to help get GCSE revision under control.
1) Make a routine and STICK TO IT! Just like a school timetable, a GCSE revision timetable is no different. Planning is the perfect way to making an excellent start on your GCSE revision schedule.
2) Learn the content first. GCSE exams technique is all but pointless if you don’t have the content down. There are countless ways to soak up everything on the specification; from visual aids to audio. Find out what works best for you.
3) Don’t give in to temptation. It’s the easiest thing to say no to revision but it’s not the hardest to say yes. All it takes is 20 seconds of confidence and before you know it, you’re already at your desk.
4) Patience. Once everything is in motion, you may feel as though you’re getting nowhere and that there’s no point, but each second spent working is definitely well spent. Try to see it as a jigsaw with each piece representing a revision session until the big picture is revealed.
5) Productive breaks. Yes, it’s important to work but it is equally important to get away from it all. A clear mind provides a strong basis on which to work on. What your ideal escape is will be a personal preference but practical engagements such as a walk through open areas can really help to reset yourself.
My School Tutor is here to help with all your GCSE revision needs. If you require a tutor for last minute GCSE revision sessions or top up classes on specific topics, head over to our Online Tuition page. Alternatively, you can complete our registration form HERE to register your interest and a member of our team will get back to you with availability
We hope you found our Top 5 tips for GCSE revision useful.